Athens is that the capital of Greece. it had been also at the guts of Ancient Greece, a strong civilization and empire. Athens is that the capital of Greece and known for being one of the world’s oldest cities. the town is house to 2 of the UNSECO heritage sites the Acropolis of Athens and Daphni Monastery. the town stands as evidence of the traditional Greek era and depicts every detail beautifully. you'll visit this beautiful European capital to experience history, nature, and culture.
Cheap Flights to Athens
With bestfaredeal.com you'll book a web ticket to Athens at a way lower airfare. All you would like to try is avail the simplest deal and grab on the eleventh-hour deals before it gets too late. Hurry Up! Don’t miss the simplest one.
Airlines that fly to Athens
There are numerous airlines those fly to the present route. a couple of them are often listed as Lufthansa, Etihad, British Airways, Canada Airlines, Delta Airlines, Royal Jordanian, Air China, Air Europe, Turkish Airlines, Air France, and KLM. There are several direct flights to Canada from Athens
How to reach Athens via Flights
There are numerous flights to Athens from all around the globe. By getting a ticket from anywhere within the world, you'll easily get to Athens. For more convenience, you'll get a web ticket at the most cost-effective airfare and make your trip more economic. It's a 35 kilometers journey from the town Centre which will be completed easily by metro trains or cab.
Best time to go to Athens
The best time to go to the Greece city of Athens is Between March and should and from September to October. The spring and fall season offers pleasing weather alongside reasonably sunshine. This duration receives the very best footfall.
Know more about Athens
The Athens International Airport is taken into account to be the gateway airport for Greece. This airport is boasted with a wide selection of facilities exclusively both for leisure also as business travelers. This airport is additionally named Eleftherios Venizelos Airport.
What are you able to do at Athens airport?
- When you are having a layover at the Athens International Airport (AIA) you'll try these activities.
- You can grab a bite at the several restaurants that include European cafes and lots of sit-down cafes. you'll have some Greek wine from Kir-Yanni bar.
- Go and choose some duty-free shopping options. Some great brands like Michael Kors and Max Mara also are available here.
- You can even have a visit to nearby vineyards and zoos instead of killing some time at the airport.
- You may enter a lounge and relax there.
- Also, you'll get free Wi-Fi services at this airport.
- The main terminal has an exit from the Acropolis Museum, so you'll have a fast glimpse of history here.
Cities and Towns nearby Athens
- Delphi: The UNESCO listed world heritage site is one among the foremost important and prestigious religious centers in Greece. The priest gave advice and prophecies here. it's just 180 km far away from Athens. you'll take a walking tour at this place.
- Meteora: The breathtakingly spiritual monastery is an astonishing building that withdraws the divinity of the planet. Only a little group of monks and nuns live here at this Meteora center. the simplest thanks to continuing the tour here may be a guided one. it's 350 kilometers journey from Athens via buses, trains or car.
- Athens Riviera: Just 25 kilometers tour from Athens; this is often a gorgeous coastline for balmy summer weather. They are often easily reached through public transportation
- The Islands of Aegina: It's just a 40 minutes ferry ride from Athens and you get to the present island of Temple of Aphaia Athena. One must visit these calm waters of the Saronic Gulf.
- Lake Marathon: The Lake is 38 kilometers far away from Athens is the most water system of Athens. This was constructed between 1926 and 1931 to make a reservoir of water.
- Mystras: Situated within the vicinity of Taygetos Mountain near the first Sparta, this town is documented as Mystras Palace. it's 218 kilometers from the town of Athens. The place may be a UNESCO heritage site. you'll easily fly to Cana from here, as Athens is simply 10 hrs 24 minutes faraway from Canada. So, why look anywhere else, once you can easily book cheap flights to Canada through bestfaredeal.com.
Hotels in or near Athens airport
You get a huge choice when it involves finding a hotel in Athens. you'll choose the foremost suitable one after consideration. These are a couple of hotels, you'll consider:
- Electra Metropolis
- Hotel Lozenge
- B4B ATHENS Signature Hotels
- 360 Degrees
- Amalia Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Athens
- The Stanley
You can choose a hotel consistent with the preferable budget and site.
Tourist Attractions in Athens
- The Acropolis: Reminder of the glory of Ancient civilization of Athens, this is often the place served because of the Centre of the traditional city. The hilltop location gives makes the place safer. the foremost iconic monument here is that the temple of Parthenon. The temple is an awe springing site thanks to the detailed architecture.
- Agora: The ruins of the ancient marketplace- within the city of ancient Athens, this place served because of the central marketplace. because the Greek word AGORA stands to forgather and orate, the location also wont to be a platform of public union and speaking. The place was also a platform of administration therein era.
- Museum of Cycladic art: The place houses quite 3,000 objects during a newly designed glass building. The artifacts here represent Ancient Greek art of the Cyclades and Cypriot art dating from the fourth century BC to the sixth century AD.
- Museum of Cycladic art: The sole building that stands tall after demolishing the agora, is that the Church of Holy Apostles. The building may be a must-watch within the ancient agora..
- Olympieon: The Temple of Olympian Zeus- the most important temple in ancient Greece is devoted to Zeus. The temple depicts Zeus because the king of the gods and enshrines an enormous structure of Zeus.
- Panathenaic stadium and Olympian stadium: the huge capacity of 60,000 spectators made this building be largest one in Greece. Herodes Atticus was updated in 140 AD with marble seating.
- Byzantine Museum: The amazing museum offers an insight into the Byzantine period of Greek history. it's a treasury that displays a set of over 25,000 artifacts.