To get from Newark, New Jersey, to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, you’ll typically need to take a combination of flights, as there are no direct flights between Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) and Puerto Vallarta’s Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR). Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make the journey:
- Flight from Newark to a U.S. Gateway City (e.g., Dallas, Miami, Atlanta):
- Most international flights departing from Newark to Puerto Vallarta have a layover at a major U.S. airport. Common layover cities include Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Miami (MIA), and Atlanta (ATL).
- Check with airlines like American Airlines, Delta, or United, which often offer flights from Newark to these gateway cities.
- Flight from the U.S. Gateway City to Puerto Vallarta:
- After arriving at the U.S. gateway city, you’ll need to catch a connecting flight to Puerto Vallarta.
- The Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR) in Puerto Vallarta is well-connected with various U.S. cities. Airlines such as American Airlines, Delta, United, and Southwest typically offer flights to Puerto Vallarta from these gateway cities.
- Book Your Flights:
- Search for flights on travel websites or use airline websites to compare options and book your tickets. Consider factors like layover duration, airline preferences, and ticket prices when making your selection.
- Check Passport and Entry Requirements:
- Ensure that you have a valid passport, and check the entry requirements for Mexico, such as visa requirements and any COVID-19 related travel restrictions or documentation.
- Travel Documentation and Health Protocols:
- Keep in mind that airline and Mexican authorities may have specific health and documentation requirements, including COVID-19 testing or vaccination certificates. Check the latest travel advisories and requirements before your trip.
- Arrival in Puerto Vallarta:
- Upon arriving at Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR) in Puerto Vallarta, go through customs and immigration, and follow any health and safety protocols in place at the airport.
Remember that flight availability, schedules, and travel restrictions can change, so it’s essential to stay updated on the latest information when planning your trip from Newark to Puerto Vallarta. It’s also a good idea to book your flights well in advance to secure the best fares and options for your travel dates.